Below are my personal recommendations for products and services solely based on my experience with them (in no particular order). I created this list after several people asked me for self exploration books and ethical consumer products. I hope you enjoy them and check back here for updates as I continue to learn about new books and products.
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- The Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- Living with Joy by Sanaya Roman
- Relationship Yoga
- Highest Self Podcast (Sahara Rose) my favorite commute podcast that provides quick, digestible ayurveda information
- YogaLand (Andrea Ferretti) great for yoga teachers and students as she pairs her own learnings with her husbands and shares her observations and lessons.
- Your Own Magic (Allie Michelle) visual approach of living your best life. Many guided meditations and self affirmations.
- Chitheads (Embodied Philosophy) very deep and intellectual podcast if you’re looking to delve deeper into philosophy or history of yoga and spiritual leaders
- AffirmationPod (Josie Ong) quick positive affirmations to help start your day right or starting a meditation. Fulfillment all the way!
Inspiring People/Sites –
- Katie Blair – authentic yogi and focused on self fulfillment
- Krishna Das – insanely powerful Kundalini leader + sarcastic in his delivery
- Ramm Das – (“Dying to Know” Netflix Documentary w/ Ramm Das and Timothy Leary)
- Brene Brown – vulnerability life coach
- Ruthie Goldman – local Madison yoga teacher and life coach that is raw and authentic + teaches from the heart and personal experiences
- Louise Hay– daily affirmations
- Prana – organic, sustainable materials
- The Elephant Pants – fair trade + mission statement
- REI – quality and supports fair trade brands
- Patagonia – fair trade outdoor clothing
- Happy Earth Apparel – eco-conscious + mission statement
- Dr Bronner’s – organic + affordable
- My Magic Mud Activated Charcoal Toothpaste – organic